Energy Storage Systems detailed syllabus for Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE) for 2021 regulation curriculum has been taken from the Anna Universities official website and presented for the EEE students. For course code, course name, number of credits for a course and other scheme related information, do visit full semester subjects post given below.
For Electrical & Electronics Engineering 6th Sem scheme and its subjects, do visit EEE 6th Sem 2021 regulation scheme. For Professional Elective-VI scheme and its subjects refer to EEE Professional Elective-VI syllabus scheme. The detailed syllabus of energy storage systems is as follows.
INTRODUCTION 9 Necessity of energy storage – types of energy storage – comparison of energy storage technologies – Applications.
ELECTRICAL ENERGY STORAGE 9 Fundamental concept of batteries – measuring of battery performance, charging and discharging, power density, energy density, and safety issues. Types of batteries – Lead Acid, Nickel -Cadmium, Zinc Manganese dioxide, Li-ion batteries – Mathematical Modelling for Lead Acid Batteries – Flow Batteries.
ALTERNATE ENERGY STORAGE TECHNOLOGIES 9 Flywheel, Super capacitors, Principles & Methods – Applications, Compressed air Energy storage, Concept of Hybrid Storage – Applications, Pumped Hydro Storage – Applications.
Skill Development Activities
Upon the successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Understand different types storage technologies
- Design a thermal storage system
- Model battery storage system
- Analyze the thermodynamics of fuel cell
- Analyze the appropriate storage technologies for different applications
- explore the alternate energy storage technologies.
- Ibrahim Dincer and Mark A. Rosen, Thermal Energy Storage Systems and Applications, John Wiley & Sons, 3rd Edition, 2021.
- Ru-shi Liu, Lei Zhang and Xueliang sun, Electrochemical technologies for energy storage and conversion, Wiley publications, 2nd Volume set, 2012.
- James Larminie and Andrew Dicks, Fuel cell systems Explained, Wiley publications, 3rd Edition, 2018.
List of Open Source Software/ Learning Website:
- Prof. Subhasish Basu Majumder, Electrochemical Energy Storage, NPTEL Course, https://nptel.ac.in/courses/113105102.
- Prof. PK Das, Energy conservation and waste heat recovery, NPTEL Course, https://nptel.ac.in/courses/112105221.
For detailed syllabus of all the other subjects of Electrical & Electronics Engineering 6th Sem, visit EEE 6th Sem subject syllabuses for 2021 regulation.
For all Electrical & Electronics Engineering results, visit Anna University EEE all semester results direct link.