Engineering Chemistry detailed syllabus for Textile Technology (TT) for 2021 regulation curriculum has been taken from the Anna University official website and presented for the TT students. For course code, course name, number of credits for a course and other scheme related information, do visit full semester subjects post given below.
For Textile Technology 1st Sem scheme and its subjects, do visit TT 1st Sem 2021 regulation scheme. The detailed syllabus of engineering chemistry is as follows.
WATER AND ITS TREATMENT 9 Water: Sources and impurities, Water quality parameters: Definition and significance of-colour, odour, turbidity, pH, hardness, alkalinity, TDS, COD and BOD, flouride and arsenic. Municipal water treatment: primary treatment and disinfection (UV, Ozonation, break-point chlorination). Desalination of brackish water: Reverse Osmosis. Boiler troubles: Scale and sludge, Boiler corrosion, Caustic embrittlement, Priming &foaming. Treatment of boiler feed water: Internal treatment (phosphate, colloidal, sodium aluminate and calgon conditioning) and External treatment – Ion exchange demineralisation and zeolite process.
PHASE RULE AND COMPOSITES 9 Phase rule:Introduction, definition of terms with examples. One component system – water system; Reduced phase rule; Construction of a simple eutectic phase diagram – Thermal analysis; Two component system: lead-silver system – Pattinson process. Composites: Introduction: Definition & Need for composites; Constitution: Matrix materials (Polymer matrix, metal matrix and ceramic matrix) and Reinforcement (fiber, particulates, flakes and whiskers). Properties and applications of: Metal matrix composites (MMC), Ceramic matrix composites and Polymer matrix composites. Hybrid composites – definition and examples.
ENERGY SOURCES AND STORAGE DEVICES 9 Stability of nucleus: mass defect (problems), binding energy;Nuclear energy: light water nuclear power plant, breeder reactor. Solar energy conversion: Principle, working and applications of solar cells; Recent developments in solar cell materials. Wind energy; Geothermal energy;Batteries: Types of batteries, Primary battery – dry cell, Secondary battery -lead acid battery and lithium-ion-battery; Electric vehicles-working principles; Fuel cells: H2-O2 fuel cell, microbial fuel cell; Supercapacitors: Storage principle, types and examples.
- P. C. Jain and Monica Jain, Engineering Chemistry, 17th Edition, DhanpatRai Publishing Company (P) Ltd, New Delhi, 2018.
- Sivasankar B., Engineering Chemistry, Tata McGraw-Hill Publishing Company Ltd, New Delhi, 2008.
- S.S. Dara, A text book of Engineering Chemistry, S. Chand Publishing, 12th Edition, 2018.
- B. S. Murty, P. Shankar, Baldev Raj, B. B. Rath and James Murday, Text book of nanoscience and nanotechnology, Universities Press-IIM Series in Metallurgy and Materials Science, 2018.
- O.G. Palanna, Engineering Chemistry McGraw Hill Education (India) Private Limited, 2nd Edition, 2017.
- Friedrich Emich, Engineering Chemistry, Scientific International PVT, LTD, New Delhi, 2014.
- ShikhaAgarwal, Engineering Chemistry-Fundamentals and Applications, Cambridge University Press, Delhi, Second Edition, 2019.
- O.V. Roussak and H.D. Gesser, Applied Chemistry-A Text Book for Engineers and Technologists, Springer Science Business Media, New York, 2nd Edition, 2013.
For detailed syllabus of all other subjects of Textile Technology, 2021 regulation curriculum do visit TT 1st Sem subject syllabuses for 2021 regulation.
For all Textile Technology results, visit Anna University TT all semester results direct link.