Computer Architecture detailed syllabus for Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering (EIE) for 2021 regulation curriculum has been taken from the Anna Universities official website and presented for the EIE students. For course code, course name, number of credits for a course and other scheme related information, do visit full semester subjects post given below.
For Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering 6th Sem scheme and its subjects, do visit EIE 6th Sem 2021 regulation scheme. For Professional Elective-VIII scheme and its subjects refer to EIE Professional Elective-VIII syllabus scheme. The detailed syllabus of computer architecture is as follows.
BASIC STRUCTURE OF A COMPUTER SYSTEM
Functional Units – Basic Operational Concepts – Performance – Instructions: Language of the Computer – Operations, Operands – Instruction representation – Logical operations – decision making – MIPS Addressing.
ARITHMETIC FOR COMPUTERS
Addition and Subtraction – Multiplication – Division – Floating Point Representation – Floating Point Operations – Subword Parallelism
Parallel processing challenges – Flynnï¿½s classification – SISD, MIMD, SIMD, SPMD, and Vector Architectures – Hardware multithreading – Multi-core processors and other Shared Memory Multiprocessors – Introduction to Graphics Processing Units, Clusters, Warehouse Scale Computers and other Message-Passing Multiprocessors.
MEMORY & I/O SYSTEMS
Memory Hierarchy – memory technologies – cache memory – measuring and improving cache performance – virtual memory, TLBï¿½s – Accessing I/O Devices – Interrupts – Direct Memory Access – Bus structure – Bus operation – Arbitration – Interface circuits – USB.
Skill Development Activities
(Group Seminar/Mini Project/Assignment/Content 10 Preparation / Quiz/ Surprise Test / Solving GATE questions/ etc)
- Fundamentals of computer architecture
- Basic arithmetical operations
- Organization of computer system
- Analysis of challenges parallel processing
- Interfacing and storage systems in the computer
- David A. Patterson and John L. Hennessy, Computer Organization and Design: The Hardware/Software Interface, Fifth Edition, Morgan Kaufmann / Elsevier, 2014.
- Carl Hamacher, Zvonko Vranesic, Safwat Zaky and Naraig Manjikian, Computer Organization and Embedded Systems, Sixth Edition, Tata McGraw Hill, 2012.
- William Stallings, Computer Organization and Architecture – Designing for Performance, Eighth Edition, Pearson Education, 2010.
- John P. Hayes, Computer Architecture and Organization, Third Edition, Tata McGraw Hill, 2012.
- John L. Hennessey and David A. Patterson, Computer Architecture – A Quantitative Approachll, Morgan Kaufmann / Elsevier Publishers, Fifth Edition, 2012.
List of Open Source Software/ Learning Website:
For detailed syllabus of all the other subjects of Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering 6th Sem, visit EIE 6th Sem subject syllabuses for 2021 regulation.
For all Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering results, visit Anna University EIE all semester results direct link.