PLC Programming detailed syllabus for Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE) for 2021 regulation curriculum has been taken from the Anna Universities official website and presented for the EEE students. For course code, course name, number of credits for a course and other scheme related information, do visit full semester subjects post given below.
For Electrical & Electronics Engineering 6th Sem scheme and its subjects, do visit EEE 6th Sem 2021 regulation scheme. For Professional Elective-VI scheme and its subjects refer to EEE Professional Elective-VI syllabus scheme. The detailed syllabus of plc programming is as follows.
INTRODUCTION 9 Programmable Logic Controller (PLC)- Block diagram of PLC- Programming languages of PLC-Basic instruction sets- Design of alarm and interlocks- Networking of PLC- Overview of safety of PLC with case studies- Process Safety Automation: Levels of process safety through use of PLCs- IEC 61131-3 Standard – Application of international standards in process safety control.
SCADA 9 Elements of SCADA system- History of SCADA, Remote Terminal Unit- Discrete control- Analog control, Master Terminal Unit- Operator interface.
PLC PROGRAMMING 9 Exercise in Programming Languages from IEC 61131-3: Traffic Light Control- Two way- Four way – Water Level Control- Automatic Material Sorting System- Automatic Bottle Filling System, Code Converters- DC motor Control- Alarm Circuit.
Skill Development Activities
- Understand the basics and need for Automation in industries .
- Explain the logic and flow of any particular programming written for a process .
- Apply the knowledge to design or improve an existing program to increase productivity of any process .
- Breakdown SCADA architecture and communication protocols.
- Build and logic in any of the programming languages from IEC- 61131- 3 standard .
- Frank D. Petruzella, Programmable Logic Controllers, 5th Edition, McGraw- Hill, New York, 2019.
- Stuart Boyer A, SCADA: Supervisory control and data Acquisition, Fourth Edition, ISA- The Instrumentation, Systems, and Automation Society,2010
List of Open-Source Software/ Learning Website:
For detailed syllabus of all the other subjects of Electrical & Electronics Engineering 6th Sem, visit EEE 6th Sem subject syllabuses for 2021 regulation.
For all Electrical & Electronics Engineering results, visit Anna University EEE all semester results direct link.