Estimation, Costing and Valuation Engineering detailed syllabus for Civil Engineering (Civil) for 2021 regulation curriculum has been taken from the Anna University official website and presented for the Civil students. For course code, course name, number of credits for a course and other scheme related information, do visit full semester subjects post given below.
For Civil Engineering 7th Sem scheme and its subjects, do visit Civil 7th Sem 2021 regulation scheme. The detailed syllabus of estimation, costing and valuation engineering is as follows.
QUANTITY ESTIMATION 9 Philosophy – Purpose – Methods of estimation – Centre line method – Long and short wall method – Types of estimates – Approximate estimates – Detailed estimate – Estimation of quantities for buildings, bituminous and cement concrete roads, septic tank, soak pit, retaining walls – Culverts (additional practice in class room using computer softwares- qE Pro)
SPECIFICATIONS, REPORTS AND TENDERS 9 Specifications – Detailed and general specifications – Constructions – Sources – Types of specifications – Principles for report preparation – report on estimate of residential building – Culvert – Roads – TTT Act 2000 – Tender notices – types – tender procedures – Drafting model tenders , E-tendering- e NOI – e NOT -Digital signature certificates – Encrypting -Decrypting – Reverse auctions.
VALUATION 9 Definitions – Various types of valuations – Valuation methods – Necessity -Years purchase-sinking fund- Capitalised value – Depreciation – Escalation – Valuation of land – Buildings – Calculation of Standard rent – Mortgage – Lease – Types of lease
- B.N Dutta Estimating and Costing in Civil Engineering, CBS Publishers & Distributors (P) Ltd, Twenty eighth revised edition, 2020.
- B.S.Patil, Civil Engineering Contracts and Estimates, 7th edition, University Press, 2015
- D.N. Banerjee, Principles and Practices of Valuation, V Edition, Eastern Law House, 2015
- Hand Book of Consolidated Data – 8/2000, Vol.1, TNPWD
- Tamil Nadu Transparencies in Tenders Act, 1998 and rules 2000
- Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996
- Standard Bid Evaluation Form, Procurement of Good or Works, The World Bank, April 1996
- Standard Data Book for Analysis and Rates, IRC, New Delhi, 2019
For detailed syllabus of all other subjects of Civil Engineering, 2021 regulation curriculum do visit Civil 7th Sem subject syllabuses for 2021 regulation.
For all Civil Engineering results, visit Anna University Civil all semester results direct link.