Therapeutic Equipment detailed syllabus for Biomedical Engineering (BME) for 2021 regulation curriculum has been taken from the Anna Universities official website and presented for the BME students. For course code, course name, number of credits for a course and other scheme related information, do visit full semester subjects post given below.
For Biomedical Engineering 6th Sem scheme and its subjects, do visit BME 6th Sem 2021 regulation scheme. For Professional Elective-VII scheme and its subjects refer to BME Professional Elective-VII syllabus scheme. The detailed syllabus of therapeutic equipment is as follows.
Electrocardiograph, Normal and Abnormal Waves, Heart rate monitor, Holter Monitor, Phonocardiography, ECG machine maintenance and trouble shooting, Cardiac Pace maker Internal and External Pacemaker- Batteries, AC and DC Defibrillator- Internal and External, Defibrillator Protection Circuit, Cardiac ablation catheter.
Clinical significance of EEG, Multi-channel EEG recording system, Epilepsy, Evoked PotentialVisual, Auditory and Somatosensory, MEG (Magneto Encephalo Graph). EEG Bio Feedback Instrumentation. EEG system maintenance and troubleshooting.
RESPIRATORY MEASUREMENT AND ASSIST SYSTEM
Instrumentation for measuring the mechanics of breathing – Spirometer -Lung Volume and vital capacity, measurements of residual volume, Pneumotachometer – Airway resistance measurement, Whole body Plethysmograph, Intra-Alveolar and Thoracic pressure measurements, Apnoea Monitor. Types of Ventilators – Pressure, Volume, and Time controlled. Flow, Patient Cycle Ventilators, Humidifiers, Nebulizers, Inhalators.
SENSORY DIAGNOSTIC EQUIPMENT
Psychophysiological Measurements – polygraph, basal skin resistance (BSR), galvanic skin resistance (GSR), Sensory responses – Audiometer-Pure tone, Speech, Eye Tonometer, Applanation Tonometer, slit lamp, auto refractometer.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to
- Describe the working and recording setup of all basic cardiac equipment.
- Understand the working and recording of all basic neurological equipment’s.
- Discuss the recording of diagnostic and therapeutic equipment’s related to EMG.
- Explain about measurements of parameters related to respiratory system.
- Describe the measurement techniques of sensory responses.
- L.A Geddes and L.E.Baker, “Principles of Applied Biomedical Instrumentation”, 3rd Edition, 2008.
- Khandpur. R.S.,“Handbook of Biomedical Instrumentation”. Second Edition. Tata McGrawHill Pub. Co.,Ltd. 2003.
- Antony Y.K.Chan,”Biomedical Device Technology, Principles and design”, Charles Thomas Publisher Ltd, Illinois, USA, 2008.
- Leslie Cromwell, “Biomedical Instrumentation and Measurement”, Pearson Education, New Delhi, 2007.
For detailed syllabus of all the other subjects of Biomedical Engineering 6th Sem, visit BME 6th Sem subject syllabuses for 2021 regulation.
For all Biomedical Engineering results, visit Anna University BME all semester results direct link.