Vehicle Air-Conditioning detailed syllabus for Automobile Engineering (AUTO) for 2021 regulation curriculum has been taken from the Anna Universities official website and presented for the AUTO students. For course code, course name, number of credits for a course and other scheme related information, do visit full semester subjects post given below.
For Automobile Engineering 6th Sem scheme and its subjects, do visit AUTO 6th Sem 2021 regulation scheme. For Professional Elective-VII scheme and its subjects refer to AUTO Professional Elective-VII syllabus scheme. The detailed syllabus of vehicle air-conditioning is as follows.
AUTOMOTIVE AIRCONDITIONING FUNDAMENTALS 9 Purposes of Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning- Environmental Concerns- Ozone layer depletion- Location of air conditioning components in a car – Schematic layout of a vehicle refrigeration system. Psychrometry – Basic terminology and Psychrometric mixtures- Psychrometric Chart- Related problems
AIR-CONDITIOING CONTROLS, DELIVERY SYSTEM AND REFRIGERANTS 9 Types of Control devices- Preventing Compressor damage- Preventing damage to other systems- Maintaining driveability- Preventing Overheating Ram air ventilation- Air delivery Components- Control devices- Vacuum Controls Containers – Handling refrigerants – Discharging, Charging & Leak detection – Refrigeration systemdiagnosis – Diagnostic procedure – Ambient conditions affecting system pressures.
SYSTEM SERVICING AND TESTING 9 Special tools for servicing vehicle air conditioning – Diagnosing components and air conditioning systems- Diagnosing cooling system- Air delivery system- Automatic temperature Control system diagnosis and service
- Warren Farnell and James D.Halderman, “Automotive Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioningsystems”, Classroom Manual, Pearson Prentice Hall, 2004
- Warren Farnell and James D.Halderman, “Automotive Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioningsystems”, Shop Manual, Pearson Prentice Hall, 2004
- William H Crouse and Donald L Anglin, “Automotive Air conditioning”, McGraw Hill Inc., 1990.
- Goings,L.F., “Automotive Air Conditioning”, American Technical services, 1974.
- Mitchell Information Services, Inc., “Mitchell Automatic Heating and Air Conditioning Systems”,Prentice Hall Inc., 1989.
- McDonald,K.L., “Automotive Air Conditioning”, Theodore Audel series, 1978.
- Paul Weisler, “Automotive Air Conditioing”, Reston Publishing Co. Inc., 1990.
For detailed syllabus of all the other subjects of Automobile Engineering 6th Sem, visit AUTO 6th Sem subject syllabuses for 2021 regulation.
For all Automobile Engineering results, visit Anna University AUTO all semester results direct link.