Scientific Foundations of Health detailed syllabus for Chemistry Group 2021 Scheme curriculum has been taken from the VTUs official website and presented for the Chemistry Group students. For course code, course name, duration, number of credits for a course and other scheme related information, do visit full semester subjects post given below.
For Chemistry Group 2nd Sem scheme and its subjects, do visit Chemistry Group 2nd Sem 2021 Scheme scheme. The detailed syllabus of scientific foundations of health is as follows.
Teaching-Learning Process (General Instructions)
These are sample Strategies, which teacher can use to accelerate the attainment of the various course outcomes. a Teachers shall adopt suitable pedagogy for effective teaching – learning process. The pedagogy shall involve the combination of different methodologies which suit modern technological tools and software’s to meet the present requirements of the Global employment market
- Direct instructional method (Low /Old Technology),
- Flipped classrooms (High/advanced Technological tools),
- Blended learning (combination of both),
- Enquiry and evaluation based learning,
- Personalized learning,
- Problems based learning through discussion,
- Following the method of expeditionary learning Tools and techniques, en Apart from conventional lecture methods, various types of innovative teaching techniques through videos, animation films may be adapted so that the delivered lesson can progress the students In theoretical applied and practical skills in teaching of the concepts of Health and Wellness in general.
Good Health and It’s balance for positive mindset: What is Health, Why Health is very important Now? – What influences your Health?, Health and Behaviour, Health beliefs and advertisements, Advantages of good health (Shortterm and long term benefits), Health and Society, Health and family, Health and Personality – Profession. Health and behaviour, Disparities of health in different vulnerable groups. Health and psychology, Methods to improve good psychological health. Psychological disorders (Stress and Health – Stress management), how to maintain good health, Mindfulness for Spiritual and Intellectual health, Changing health habits for good health. Health and personality.
Teaching-Learning Process Chalk and Talk Method, Power Point Presentation and Youtube Videos, Animation Videos Methods, Creating Real Time Stations in Classroom Discussions. Giving Activities &Assignments.
Building of healthy lifestyles for better future: Developing a healthy diet for good health, Food and health, Nutritional guidelines for good health and well beingness, Obesity and overweight disorders and its management, Eating disorders – proper exercises for its maintenance (Physical activities for health), Fitness components for health, Wellness and physical function,
Teaching-Learning Process Chalk and Talk Method, Powerpoint Presentation and Youtube Videos, Animation Videos Methods, Creating Real Time Stations in Classroom Discussions. Giving Activities &Assignments.
Avoiding risks and harmful habits : Characteristics of health compromising behaviors, Recognizing and avoiding of addictions, How addiction develops and addictive behaviors, Types of addictions, influencing factors for addictions, Differences between addictive people and non addictive people and their behavior with society, Effects and health hazards from addictions Such as…, how to recovery from addictions.
Teaching-Learning Process Chalk and Talk Method, Powerpoint Presentation and Animation Videos Methods. Creating Real Time Stations in Classroom Discussions. Giving Activities and Assignments.
Preventing and fighting against diseases for good health : Process of infections and reasons for it, Howto protect from different types of transmitted infections such as…., Current trends of socio economic impact of reducing your risk of disease, How to reduce risks for good health, Reducing risks and coping with chronic conditions, Management of chronic illness for Quality of life, Health and Wellness of youth : a challenge for the upcoming future Measuring of health and wealth status.
Teaching-Learning Process Chalk and Talk Method, Powerpoint Presentation and Youtube Videos, Animation Videos Methods, Creating Real Time Stations in Classroom Discussions. Giving Activities & Assignments.
(Course Skill Set) At the end of the course the student will be able
- To understand Health and wellness (and its Beliefs)
- To acquire Good Health & It’s balance for positive mindset
- To inculcate and develop the healthy lifestyle habits for good health.
- To Create of Healthy and caring relationships to meet the requirements of MNC and LPG world
- To adopt the innovative & positive methods to avoid risks from harmful habits in their campus & outside the campus.
- To positively fight against harmful diseases for good health through positive mindset.
Suggested Learning Resources:
Activity Based Learning (Suggested Activities in Class)/ Practical Based learning
- Contents related activities (Activity-based discussions)
- For active participation of students, instruct the students to prepare Flowcharts and Handouts
- Organizing Group wise discussions and Health issues based activities
- Quizzes and Discussions
- Seminars and assignments
For detailed syllabus of all other subjects of Chemistry Group, 2021 Scheme curriculum do visit Chemistry Group 2nd Sem subject syllabuses for 2021 Scheme.
For all Chemistry Group results, visit VTU Chemistry Group all semester results direct link.