Professional Writing Skills in English detailed syllabus for Chemistry Group 2021 Scheme curriculum has been taken from the VTUs official website and presented for the Chemistry Group students. For course code, course name, duration, number of credits for a course and other scheme related information, do visit full semester subjects post given below.
For Chemistry Group 2nd Sem scheme and its subjects, do visit Chemistry Group 2nd Sem 2021 Scheme scheme. The detailed syllabus of professional writing skills in english is as follows.
To augment LSRW, grammar and Vocabulary skills (Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing and Grammar, Vocabulary) through tests, activities, exercises etc., comprehensive web-based learning and assessment systems can be referred as per the AICTE / VTU guidelines.
Teaching-Learning Process (General Instructions)
These are sample Strategies, which teacher can use to accelerate the attainment of the various course outcomes.
- Teachers shall adopt suitable pedagogy for effective teaching – learning process. The pedagogy shall involve the combination of different methodologies which suit modern technological tools and software’s to meet the present requirements of the Global employment market.
- Direct instructional method ( Low / Old Technology),
- Flipped classrooms ( High/advanced Technological tools),
- Blended learning ( combination of both),
- Enquiry and evaluation based learning,
- Personalized learning,
- Problems based learning through discussion,
- Following the method of expeditionary learning Tools and techniques,
- Use of audio visual methods through language Labs in teaching of of LSRW skills.
Identifying Common Errors in Writing and Speaking English:
- Advanced English Grammar for Professionals with exercises, Common errors identification in parts of speech, Use of verbs and phrasal verbs, Auxiliary verbs and their forms, Subject Verb Agreement (Concord Rules with Exercises).
- Common errors in Subject-verb agreement, Noun-pronoun agreement, Sequence of Tenses and errors identification in Tenses. Advanced English Vocabulary and its types with exercises – Verbal Analogies, Words Confused/Misused.
Teaching Learning Process Chalk and Talk Method, Power Point Presentation to Teach Communication Skills (Lsrw Skills), Creating Real Time Stations in Classroom Discussions, Giving Activities and Assignments (Connecting Campus & Community With Companies Real Time Situations).
Technical Reading and Writing Practices :
- Reading Process and Reading Strategies, Introduction to Technical writing process, Understanding of writing process, Effective Technical Reading and Writing Practices , Introduction to Technical Reports writing, Significance of Reports, Types of Reports.
- Introduction to Technical Proposals Writing, Types of Technical Proposals, Characteristics of Technical Proposals. Scientific Writing Process.
- Grammar – Voice and Speech (Active and Passive Voices) and Reported Speech, Spotting Error Exercises, Sentence Improvement Exercises, Cloze Test and Theme Detection Exercises.
Teaching Learning Process Chalk and Talk Method, Power Point Presentation to Teach Grammar, Animation Videos On Communication and Language Skills, Creating Real Time Stations in Classroom Discussions, Giving Activities and Assignments (Connecting Campus & Community With Companies Real Time Situations).
Professional Communication for Employment :
- The Listening Comprehension, Importance of Listening Comprehension, Types of Listening, Understanding and Interpreting, Listening Barriers, Improving Listening Skills. Attributes of a good and poor listener.
- Reading Skills and Reading Comprehension, Active and Passive Reading, Tips for effective reading.
- Preparing for Job Application, Components of a Formal Letter, Formats and Types of official, employment, Business Letters, Resume vs Bio Data, Profile, CV and others, Types of resume, Writing effective resume for employment, Model Letter of Application (Cover Letter) with Resume, Emails, Blog Writing, Memos (Types of Memos) and other recent communication types.
Teaching Learning Process Chalk and Talk Method, Powerpoint Presentation to Teach Grammar and Phonetics, Animation Videos On Communication and Language Skills, Creating Real Time Stations in Classroom Discussions, Giving Activities and Assignments (Connecting Campus & Community With Companies Real Time Situations).
Professional Communication at Workplace :
- Group Discussions – Importance, Characteristics, Strategies of a Group Discussions. Group Discussions is a Tool for Selection. Employment/ Job Interviews – Importance, Characteristics, Strategies of a Employment/ Job Interviews. Intra and Interpersonal Communication Skills -Importance, Characteristics, Strategies of a Intra and Interpersonal Communication Skills. NonVerbal Communication Skills (Body Language) and its importance in GD and PI/JI/EI.
- Presentation skills and Formal Presentations by Students – Importance, Characteristics, Strategies of Presentation Skills. Dialogues in Various Situations (Activity based Practical Sessions in class by Students).
Teaching Learning Process Chalk and Talk Method, Power Point Presentation to Teach Grammar and Phonetics, Animation Videos On Communication and Language Skills, Creating Real Time Stations in Classroom Discussions, Giving Activities and Assignments (Connecting Campus & Community With Companies Real Time Situations).
Suggested Learning Resources :
- A Course in Technical English, Cambridge University Press – 2020.
- Functional English (As per AICTE 2018 Model Curriculam) Cengage learning India Pvt Limited [Latest Revised Edition] – 2020.
- Communication Skills by Sanjay Kumar and Pushp Lata, Oxford University Press – 2018. Refer it’s workbook for activities and exercises – “Communication Skills – I (A Workbook)” published by Oxford University Press – 2018.
- Technical Communication – Principles and Practice, Third Edition by Meenakshi Raman and Sangeetha Sharma, Oxford University Press 2017.
- High School English Grammar & Composition by Wren and Martin, S Chandh & Company Ltd – 2015.
- Effective Technical Communication – Second Edition by M Ashraf Rizvi, McGraw Hill Education (India) Private Limited – 2018.
- Intermediate Grammar, Usage and Composition by M.L.Tichoo, A.L.Subramanian, P.R.Subramanian, Orient Black Swan – 2016.
Activity Based Learning (Suggested Activities in Class) / Practical Based learning
- Contents related activities (Activity-based discussions)
- For active participation of students instruct the students to prepare Flowcharts and Handouts
- Organising Group wise discussions Connecting to placement activities
- Quizzes and Discussions, Seminars and assignments
For detailed syllabus of all other subjects of Chemistry Group, 2021 Scheme curriculum do visit Chemistry Group 2nd Sem subject syllabuses for 2021 Scheme.
For all Chemistry Group results, visit VTU Chemistry Group all semester results direct link.