Innovation and Design Thinking detailed syllabus for Chemistry Group 2021 Scheme curriculum has been taken from the VTUs official website and presented for the Chemistry Group students. For course code, course name, duration, number of credits for a course and other scheme related information, do visit full semester subjects post given below.
For Chemistry Group 2nd Sem scheme and its subjects, do visit Chemistry Group 2nd Sem 2021 Scheme scheme. The detailed syllabus of innovation and design thinking is as follows.
- To explain the concept of design thinking for product and service development
- To discuss the methods of implementing design thinking in the real world.
Teaching-Learning Process (General Instructions)
These are sample Strategies; which teachers can use to accelerate the attainment of the various course outcomes.
- Lecturer method (L) does not mean only the traditional lecture method, but a different type of teaching method may be adopted to develop the outcomes.
- Show Video/animation films to explain concepts
- Encourage collaborative (Group Learning) Learning in the class
- Ask at least three HOTS (Higher-order Thinking) questions in the class, which promotes critical thinking
- Adopt Problem Based Learning (PBL), which fosters students’ Analytical skills, develops thinking skills such as the ability to evaluate, generalize, and analyze information rather than simply recall it
- Topics will be introduced in multiple representations.
- Show the different ways to solve the same problem and encourage the students to come up with their own creative ways to solve them.
- Discuss how every concept can be applied to the real world – and when that’s possible, it helps improve the students’ understanding.
PROCESS OF DESIGN Understanding Design thinking Shared model in team-based design – Theory and practice in Design thinking – Explore presentation signers across globe – MVP or Prototyping Teaching Learning Process Introduction about the design thinking: Chalk and Talk method Theory and practice through presentation MVP and Prototyping through live examples and videos
Design Thinking in IT Design Thinking to Business Process modelling – Agile in Virtual collaboration environment – Scenario based Prototyping Teaching Learning Process Case studies on design thinking and business acceptance of the design Simulation on the role of virtual eco-system for collaborated prototyping
DT For strategic innovations Growth – Story telling representation – Strategic Foresight – Change – Sense Making – Maintenance Relevance – Value redefinition – Extreme Competition – experience design – Standardization -Humanization – Creative Culture – Rapid prototyping, Strategy and Organization – Business Model design. Teaching Learning Process Business model examples of successful designs Presentation by the students on the success of design Live project on design thinking in a group of 4 students
Design thinking workshop Design Thinking Work shop Empathize, Design, Ideate, Prototype and Test Teaching Learning Process 8 hours design thinking workshop from the expect and then presentation by the students on the learning from the workshop
- John.R.Karsnitz, Stephen O’Brien and John P. Hutchinson, “Engineering Design”,Cengage learning (International edition) Second Edition, 2013.
- Roger Martin, “The Design of Business: Why Design Thinking is the Next Competitive Advantage”, Harvard Business Press , 2009.
- Hasso Plattner, Christoph Meinel and Larry Leifer (eds), “Design Thinking: Understand – Improve – Apply”, Springer, 2011
- Idris Mootee, “Design Thinking for Strategic Innovation: What They Can’t Teach You at Business or Design School”, John Wiley & Sons 2013.
- Yousef Haik and Tamer M.Shahin, “Engineering Design Process”, CengageLearning, Second Edition, 2011.
- Book – Solving Problems with Design Thinking – Ten Stories of What Works (Columbia Business School Publishing) Hardcover – 20 Sep 2013 by Jeanne Liedtka (Author), Andrew King (Author), Kevin Bennett (Author).
Web links and Video Lectures (e-Resources):
- www.tutor2u.net/business/presentations/. /productlifecycle/defaulthtml
- https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11108_02/otn/pdf/. /E11087_01.pdf
- www.bizfilings.com > Home > Marketing > Product Developmen
- https://dschool.stanford.edu/.. ,/designresources/…/ModeGuideBOOTCAMP2010L.pdf
- http://www.creativityatwork.com/design-thinking-strategy-for-innovation/ 49
Activity Based Learning (Suggested Activities in Class)/ Practical Based learning
For detailed syllabus of all other subjects of Chemistry Group, 2021 Scheme curriculum do visit Chemistry Group 2nd Sem subject syllabuses for 2021 Scheme.
For all Chemistry Group results, visit VTU Chemistry Group all semester results direct link.