Engineering Physics Laboratory detailed syllabus for Chemistry Group 2021 Scheme curriculum has been taken from the VTUs official website and presented for the Chemistry Group students. For course code, course name, duration, number of credits for a course and other scheme related information, do visit full semester subjects post given below.
For Chemistry Group 2nd Sem scheme and its subjects, do visit Chemistry Group 2nd Sem 2021 Scheme scheme. The detailed syllabus of engineering physics laboratory is as follows.
- Understand the measurement techniques and usage of instruments in physics.
- Demonstrate competency and understanding of the basic concepts found in experimental Physics.
- Construct andanalyse the electronic circuits.
- Estimate the error in measurements and the ability to prepare a valid laboratory record.
List of Experiments:
Any Ten Experiments to be performed
- Determination of spring constants by Series and Parallel combination.
- Determination of rigidity modulus of the material by the torsional pendulum.
- Study series and parallel LCR resonance and hence calculate inductance, bandwidth, and quality factor.
- To verify Stefan’s Law
- I-V Characteristics of Photodiode.
- Determine acceptance angle and numerical aperture of an optical fiber.
- Determine the wavelength of the laser source using a diffraction grating elements.
- Determine the Fermi energy of metal (copper).
- To find the resistivity of a semiconductor using the Four Probe method.
- To determine the dielectric constant by charging and discharging the capacitor.
- Determination of Magnetic field intensity along the axis of a circular coil carrying current.
- Forced mechanical oscillations and resonance.
(Course Skill Set): At the end of the course the student will be able to:
- Understand the measuring techniques
- Operate different instruments and be capable to analyse the experimental results.
- Construct the circuits and theiranalysis.
- Engineering Lab Manual by WBUT-New Age International Publishers.
- Applied Physics Lab Manual by Anoop Sing Yadav.
Web links, Video lectures, and e-resources:
- https://virtuallabs.merlot.org/vl physics.html
For detailed syllabus of all other subjects of Chemistry Group, 2021 Scheme curriculum do visit Chemistry Group 2nd Sem subject syllabuses for 2021 Scheme.
For all Chemistry Group results, visit VTU Chemistry Group all semester results direct link.