Engineering Visualization detailed syllabus for Chemistry Group 2021 Scheme curriculum has been taken from the VTUs official website and presented for the Chemistry Group students. For course code, course name, duration, number of credits for a course and other scheme related information, do visit full semester subjects post given below.
For Chemistry Group 2nd Sem scheme and its subjects, do visit Chemistry Group 2nd Sem 2021 Scheme scheme. The detailed syllabus of engineering visualization is as follows.
Teaching-Learning (General Instructions):
- Students should be made aware of powerful engineering communication tool – Drawing.
- Simple Case studies can be suitably selected by the teacher for hands on practice to induce the feel of fruitfulness of learning.
- Appropriate Models, Power Point presentation, Charts, Videos, shall be used to enhance visualization before hands on practice.
- For application problems use very generally available actual objects. (Example: For rectangular prism / object; matchbox, carton boxes, book, etc can be used. Similarly for other shapes)
- Use any CAD software for generating orthographic and pictorial views.
- Make use of sketch book with graph sheets for manual / preparatory sketching
Introduction: for CIE only
Significance of Engineering drawing, BIS Conventions of Engineering Drawing, Free hand sketching of engineering drawing, Scales.
Introduction to Computer Aided Drafting software, Co-ordinate system and reference planes HP, VP, RPP & LPP of 2D/3D environment. Selection of drawing sheet size and scale. Commands and creation of Lines, coordinate points, axes, polylines, square, rectangle, polygons, splines, circles, ellipse, text, move, copy, off-set, mirror, rotate, trim, extend, break, chamfer, fillet and curves.
Orthographic Projections of Points, Lines and Planes:
Introduction to Orthographic projections, Orthographic projections of points in all the quadrants.
Orthographic projections of lines. (Placed in First quadrant only)
Orthographic projections of planes viz triangle, square, rectangle, pentagon, hexagon and circular laminae. (Placed in First quadrant only).
Application on projections of Lines & Planes (For CIE only)
Orthographic Projection of Solids:
Orthographic projection of right regular solids (Solids Resting on HP only);
Prisms & Pyramids (triangle, square, rectangle, pentagon, hexagon), Cylinders, Cones, Cubes, &Tetrahedron. Application problems on projection of solids.
Projections of Frustum of cone, pyramid & truncated sphere (For CIE only).
Development of Lateral Surfaces of Solids:
Development of lateral surfaces of right regular prisms, cylinders, pyramids, and cones resting with base on HP only.
Development of their frustums and truncations.
Problems on applications of development of lateral surfaces like, funnels and trays.
Problems on applications of development of lateral surfaces of transition pieces connecting circular duct and rectangular duct (For CIE Only)
Multidisciplinary Applications & Practice (For CIE Only):
Free hand Sketching; True free hand, Guided Free hand, Roads, Buildings, Utensils, Hand tools & Furniture’s etc Drawing Simple Mechanisms; Bicycles, Tricycles, Gear trains, Ratchets, two wheeler cart & Four wheeler carts to dimensions etc
Electric Wiring and lighting diagrams; Like, Automatic fire alarm, Call bell system, UPS system, Basic power distribution system using suitable software
Basic Building Drawing; Like, Architectural floor plan, basic foundation drawing, steel structures- Frames, bridges, trusses using Auto CAD or suitable software,
Electronics Engineering Drawings- Like, Simple Electronics Circuit Drawings.
Graphs & Charts: Like, Column chart, Pie chart, Line charts, Gantt charts, etc. using Microsoft Excel or any suitable software.
At the end of the course the student will be able to:
- Understand and visualize the objects with definite shape and dimensions
- Analyze the shape and size of objects through different views
- Develop the lateral surfaces of the object
- Create a 3D view using CAD software.
- Identify the interdisciplinary engineering components or systems through its graphical representation.
- Parthasarathy N. S., Vela Murali, Engineering Drawing, Oxford University Press, 2015.
- Dhawan R. K., A Textbook of Engineering Drawing, 3/e, S. Chand Publishing, 2019.
- Venugopal K., Engineering Drawing and Graphics, New Age International publishers, 2014.
- Bhattacharya S. K., Electrical Engineering Drawing, New Age International publishers, second edition 1998, reprint 2005.
- Chris Schroder, Printed Circuit Board Design using AutoCAD, Newnes, 1997.
- K S Sai Ram Design of steel structures, , Third Edition by Pearson
- Nainan p kurian Design of foundation systems, Narosa publications
- A S Pabla, Electrical power distribution, 6th edition, Tata Mcgraw hill
For detailed syllabus of all other subjects of Chemistry Group, 2021 Scheme curriculum do visit Chemistry Group 2nd Sem subject syllabuses for 2021 Scheme.
For all Chemistry Group results, visit VTU Chemistry Group all semester results direct link.