AP ECET 2020 is a Common Entrance Test for Diploma Holders and for B.Sc.(with Mathematics as one of the optional subjects) To get admission into B.Tech & Pharmacy. APECET 2020 will be conducted by JNTUA on behalf of the Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education for the academic year 2020-2021
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological Universities, Anathpaur conducts AP ECET. Engineering Common Entrance Test is conducted on behalf of APSCHE. The submission of online applications for ECET Andhra Pradesh started on February 2020.
For the complete Syllabus, results, class timetable, and many other features kindly download the iStudy App. It is a lightweight, easy to use, no images, and no pdfs platform to make students’ lives easier.
AP ECET 2020 Exam will be on 30th April 2020 (Thursday)
- For lateral admission into 2nd year regular B.E. and B.Tech. Courses in University engineering colleges to the extent of 20% of over and above sanctioned intake and in All India Council for Technical Education approved Un-Aided Private Professional institutions (Minority & non-Minority) to the extent of 20% of over and above sanctioned intake for Diploma holders and B.Sc degree holders for the academic year 2020-21.
- For lateral admission into 2nd year regular B.Pharmacy Courses as approved by Pharmacy Council of India in university colleges to the extent of 10% of over and above sanctioned intake and in Un-Aided Private Professional institutions (Minority & non-Minority) to the extent of 20% of over and above sanctioned intake for the seats specifically earmarked for Diploma holders for the academic year 2020-21.The candidates with B.Sc. degree are not eligible for admission into pharmacy course.
AP ECET 2020 Eligibility
- They should be of Indian Nationality
- They should belong to the State of Andhra Pradesh. The candidates should satisfy local/non-local status requirements as laid down in the Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions (Regulation of Admission) Order, 1974 as subsequently amended.
- They should have obtained a Diploma in Engineering and Technology/ Pharmacy from the State Board of Technical Education of Andhra Pradesh State
- They should have passed the 3-year B.Sc Degree examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects in the group combination from a recognized
- Candidates who are pursuing a Diploma course shall be eligible for entry into the relevant B.E./B.Tech./ B. Pharmacy courses provided they have completed the prescribed course and passed all the subjects for the award of diploma course before admission into the college.
- Candidates should have passed Diploma in Engineering and Technology/ Pharmacy/ B.Sc Degree as the case may be with at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) for entry into relevant courses
Eligibility Branches For Various APECET Papers
|Engineering Subject Paper||Eligible Diploma Candidates|
|Ceramic Technology||Ceramic Technology|
|Chemical Engineering||Chemical Engineering|
|Civil Engineering||Civil Engineering|
|Computer Science and Engineering||Computer Science and Engineering|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||Electronics and Communication Engineering|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||Electrical and Electronics Engineering|
|Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering||Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering|
|Mechanical Engineering||Mechanical Engineering|
|Metallurgical Engineering||Metallurgical Engineering|
|Mining Engineering||Mining Engineering|
APECET Pattern Examination
The examination will be for 200 Marks with 200 Objective type questions and the distribution of marks for each stream will be as follows
|Engineering Stream||Max Marks||Remarks|
|Mathematics||50||Common to all branches|
|Physics||25||Common to all branches|
|Chemistry||25||Common to all branches|
|Engineering (Civil/Electrical/Mechanical/Electronics & Communications/Computer Science/Chemical/Metallurgical/Mining/Electronics & Instrumentation/ Ceramic Technology/Bio technology as the case may be)||100||Separate Question Paper for Each branch of engineering|
|Pharmacy Stream||Max Marks|
|B.Sc.(with Mathematics as one of the optional subjects) Stream||Max Marks|
APECET 2020 Qualifying marks in
The qualifying percentage marks for obtaining a rank in APECET -2019 is 25% of the aggregate marks in the four subjects (three subjects for B.Sc. Mathematics) i.e., 50 marks out of a total of 200.
In the case of SC/ST candidates, there shall be no minimum qualifying marks for ranking the candidates. The rank obtained with the benefit of relaxation of the minimum qualifying marks at the APECET [FDH & B.Sc.(with Mathematics as one of the optional subjects)]-2019 by any candidate claiming to belong to SC/ST category will be cancelled in case the claim is found to be invalid at the time of admission.
Do share with friends and in case of questions please feel free drop a comment.
Wish you All Good Luck !!