Engineering Practices Laboratory detailed syllabus for Petroleum Engineering (Petro Engg) for 2021 regulation curriculum has been taken from the Anna Universities official website and presented for the Petro Engg students. For course code, course name, number of credits for a course and other scheme related information, do visit full semester subjects post given below.
For Petroleum Engineering 2nd Sem scheme and its subjects, do visit Petro Engg 2nd Sem 2021 regulation scheme. The detailed syllabus of engineering practices laboratory is as follows.
The main learning objective of this course is to provide hands on training to the students in:
- Drawing pipe line plan; laying and connecting various pipe fittings used in common household plumbing work; Sawing; planing; making joints in wood materials used in commonhousehold wood work.
- Wiring various electrical joints in common household electrical wire work.
- Welding various joints in steel plates using arc welding work; Machining various simple processes like turning, drilling, tapping in parts; Assembling simple mechanical assembly of common household equipments; Making a tray out of metal sheet using sheet metal work.
- Soldering and testing simple electronic circuits; Assembling and testing simple electronic components on PCB.
Group-A (Civil and Electrical)
Part I Civil Engineering Practices 15
- Connecting various basic pipe fittings like valves, taps, coupling, unions, reducers,elbows and other components which are commonly used in household.
- Preparing plumbing line sketches.
- Laying pipe connection to the suction side of a pump
- Laying pipe connection to the delivery side of a pump.
- Connecting pipes of different materials: Metal, plastic and flexible pipes used inhousehold appliances.
- Planing and
- Making joints like T-Joint, Mortise joint and Tenon joint and Dovetail joint.
Wood Work Study:
- Studying joints in door panels and wooden furniture
- Studying common industrial trusses using models.
Part II Electrical Engineering Practices 15
Get rid of annoying Timetable Images, Hard to manage PDFs. Download (iStudy) for latest syllabus, timetables and updates from Anna Univ (No Ads, No Pdfs)
- Introduction to switches, fuses, indicators and lamps-Basic switch board wiring with lamp, fan and three pin socket
- Staircase wiring
- Fluorescent Lamp wiring with introduction to CFL and LED types.
- Energy meter wiring and related calculations/ calibration
- Study of Iron Box wiring and assembly
- Study of Fan Regulator (Resistor type and Electronic type using Diac/Triac/quadrac)
- Study of emergency lamp wiring/Water heater
Group-B (Mechanical and Electronics)
Part III Mechanical Engineering Practices
- Welding of Butt Joints, Lap Joints, and Tee Joints using arc welding.
- Practicing gas welding.
Basic Machining Work:
- Assembling a centrifugal pump.
- Assembling a household mixer.
- Assembling an airconditioner.
Sheet Metal Work:
- Making of a square tray
- Demonstrating basic foundry operations.
Part IV Electronic Engineering Practices
- Soldering simple electronic circuits and checking continuity.
Electronic Assembly and Testing Work:
- Assembling and testing electronic components on a small PCB.
Electronic Equipment Study:
- Study an elements of smart phone..
- Assembly and dismantle of LED TV.
- Assembly and dismantle of computer/ laptop
Upon completion of this course, the students will be able to:
- Draw pipe line plan; lay and connect various pipe fittings used in common household plumbing work; Saw; plan; make joints in wood materials used in common household wood work.
- Wire various electrical joints in common household electrical wire work.
- Weld various joints in steel plates using arc welding work; Machine various simple processeslike turning, drilling, tapping in parts; Assemble simple mechanical assembly of common household equipments; Make a tray out of metal sheet using sheet metal work.
- Solder and test simple electronic circuits; Assemble and test simple electronic components on PCB.
For detailed syllabus of all other subjects of Petroleum Engineering, 2021 regulation curriculum do visit Petro Engg 2nd Sem subject syllabuses for 2021 regulation.
For all Petroleum Engineering results, visit Anna University Petro Engg all semester results direct link.