Bioorganic Chemistry Laboratory detailed syllabus for Biotechnology (Biotech) for 2021 regulation curriculum has been taken from the Anna Universities official website and presented for the Biotech students. For course code, course name, number of credits for a course and other scheme related information, do visit full semester subjects post given below.
For Biotechnology 2nd Sem scheme and its subjects, do visit Biotech 2nd Sem 2021 regulation scheme. The detailed syllabus of bioorganic chemistry laboratory is as follows.
- Make the students understand the mechanism of synthesis of different chemical moieties
- Familiarise the students with the isolation of biomolecules from natural sources
List of Experiments:
- Synthesis of aspirin
- Hydrolysis of sucrose
- Preparation of pyruvic acid from tartaric acid
- Preparation of oleic acid from tartaric acid
- Preparation of alpha D- glucopyranose pentaacetate
- Preparation of 1,2,5,6 dicyclohexylnoine alpha d glucofuranose
- Isolation of lycopene from tomato paste
- Preparation of L-proline
- Preparation of L-cysteine from hair
- Preparation of S-ethylhydroxyl butonate from methylacetoacetate using yeast
- Resolution of S-ethyl hydroxyl butonate using 3,5 dinitro benzoate.
- Preparation of 5,10,15,20-tetrakisphenylporphyrin.
Equipment Needed for 20 Students
- Glassware, Chemicals, Media as required
At the end of the course the students will be able to
- Comprehend the mechanism of reactions
- Be able to synthesize various Bioorganic compounds
- Be able to work independently for the experimentation.
- Organic Chemistry, Francis A.Carey, VII Edition, Tata MCGraw Hill, Fourth reprint 2009.
- Organic and Bio-organic Mechanisms, M.I. Page and Andrew Williams. Pearson, First Impression, 2010.
For detailed syllabus of all other subjects of Biotechnology, 2021 regulation curriculum do visit Biotech 2nd Sem subject syllabuses for 2021 regulation.
For all Biotechnology results, visit Anna University Biotech all semester results direct link.