1. I have opted gorakhpur(kanpur zone) as first centre choice of examination but for some reason i have to move to banglore for which i want to change centre of examination as banglore(IISc Zone).

plz guide me in doing so…..to which zonal institute i should send the request and demand draft….kanpur or IISc??

1. @Kanika, I think now you can not change the zone! Because as far as I know only examination city can be changed & not the zone.
        As they never ever mentioned anywhere about changing the zone.
        The only way to know if this is possible or not is to contact the officials in IIT Kanpur
        You can make a call to IIT kanpur or email them, they have given contact info in their website.
        But Hurry up; the last date of accepting change in city is 30th Dec.

Hope you will get your desired city of examination.

1. Two major changes in GATE 2012 after online application:

A) Sending Admit cards by post has been discontinued:
        That means we can only download the Admit card after 5Jan2012(date may alter). I think this is really good move.
        Also we have to bring our ID proof at the time of exam. Details of ID proofs are given on zonal websites.

B) The use of pencils to darken the bubbles in the answer sheet has been discontinued:
        Pencils becomes more irritating sometimes to sharpen them again & again. But at the same time we will get only one chance to darken the bubble. We need to be more careful before darkening the bubbles.

Check out FAQ’s for GATE 2011 on:

http://www.iitb.ac.in/~pge/2k12/gate2012/faqs.php

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.