1. Ruchit Kumar

I am BE 3rd year student , EC branch.
        I am preparing for GATE 2015.
        I want to know that ,
        is there any possibility of BE CPI or CGPA to be counted with gate marks for calculation of gate score and deciding my gate RANK in GATE 2015.
        As I don’t have good CPI in first 4 semesters it makes me panic during prepration.
        please clear my doubt.
        thank you.

1. Ruchit Kumar

Zahid sir please reply.

1. Dear Ruchit, As of now there is no news about B.E./B.Tech. performance being included for GATE score calculation. As GATE is an exam for postgraduate admissions, it is highly unlikely to have the undergraduate performance being considered for the same. Any person who has got his/her B.E./B.Tech. degree in any year from any university can apply for GATE and hence to compare everyone’s undergraduate performance is truly not feasible. Kindly don’t worry about anything during your preparation. Make sure you have >55% or CPI>5.5 on a scale of 10 or so aggregate for IIT entry. (This is the minimum requirement for most IITs, some specify it even higher like 60% or so). You do have two more years at hand to improve your CPI and try to do that along with preparation. Hope it does clarify your concerns.

1. Ruchit Kumar

Poornima Ravindran thank you for writing a reply , now my doubt is clarified so I can prepare for gate without worrying much about CPI as taking it above criteria for IITs was not worrying me , but I was worried that If it would be counted for deciding AIR with GATE score I would stand low as compared to other rankers .As you said it does’nt count . Now my doubt is cleared so I can concentrate well on prepration .

1. Zahid

Hello Ruchit

Thank for asking a great question and Thank Poornima for inputs.

This is what i feel we can expect in GATE 2015 and beyond.

GATE 2015: Expected Changes And Beyond

Hope this helps. Remember this is just what expect and probably would take time have everything adopted : )

I would update as soon as there is something from official sources.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.